Germans and Jews
i***@gmail.com
2015-01-02 06:21:36 UTC
The best revenge for the Second World War is for a Jewish man to marry a German woman. My ex-wife was half-German, and Hitler was rolling over in his grave.

However there are more serious issues involved in this, and I would like to address them now.

The Germans made major jerks of themselves during the Second World War, to the point that many people continue to hate Germans. I do not. There has been a strong effort made by good people in Germany to fight Nazism and related wrongs, and I believe that these efforts should be respected. Failing to do so results in the work of these good people going to waste. And it also results in more Germans deciding that the rest of the world is evil or ungrateful and that they need to re-radicalize.

As a Jewish person, I've seen a lot of hatred of German people, and I am entitled to hating them. I do not. The Second World War was 70 years ago, and the bulk of people in Germany weren't even born at the time. It is wrong to blame them for something that they had nothing to do with. It's bad enough that they have to associate with neo-Nazi types in Germany, they don't need the rest of the world to attack them for the actions of people whom they themselves have had to fight.

There are related issues of course. One is the issue of black people and slavery and colonialism. Once again, this happened generations ago, and white people today don't take part in these practices. As a white man who voted for Obama - and who, had I been alive at the time of the civil rights struggle, would have passionately supported it - I judge it wrong that I be equated with colonialists and slave-runners. Just as I judge it wrong for German people living today to be equated with Nazis.

People should be seen for who and what they are. The good people in Germany and elsewhere in the West who stand strong against Nazism and related ideologies deserve support from all people of goodwill. My ex-wife, though half-German, is not a Nazi, and I respect her based on her own merits. The same needs to be done with other German people we see today.
Buzzard
2015-01-04 19:36:57 UTC
(snip)
As a Jewish person, I've seen a lot of hatred of German people, and I am entitled to hating them. I do not. The Second World War was 70 years ago, and the bulk of people in Germany weren't even born at the time. It is wrong to blame them for something that they had nothing to do with. It's bad enough that they have to associate with neo-Nazi types in Germany, they don't need the rest of the world to attack them for the actions of people whom they themselves have had to fight.
As a Jewish person, have you been keeping track
(personally, not just through other ppl's blogs
and comments) of the stuff that's going on in
Gaza? About half of what I've been hearing and
reading about that conflict directly contradicts
the other half
Big Bird
Fergus
2015-01-04 21:36:09 UTC
On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 14:36:57 -0500
Post by Buzzard
As a Jewish person, have you been keeping track
(personally, not just through other ppl's blogs
and comments) of the stuff that's going on in
Gaza? About half of what I've been hearing and
reading about that conflict directly contradicts
the other half
Maybe this will shed some light on it.

http://www.thetower.org/article/why-everything-reported-from-gaza-is-crazy-twisted/
--